Wifi issues.

Discussion in 'PS Vita General' started by Toyuko, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Toyuko

Toyuko Member

PSN:
    InuyashaKnight
    Hey

So i got a new PS VITA the other day and i came home, worked properly all that. Then i tried to connect to my wifi network. It failed i got error C2-13041-9, it recognized my access point but failed to connect to the network at home. I tried other methods of fixing it like changing my security from WEP to WPA2 or having a open access point, that failed aswell.

Im quite shocked it failed to connect all my other devices connect no problem.
  2. ImSoHappy77

ImSoHappy77 Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    ImSoHappy77
    Match the settings that your other device has also it has to be the right password setup that your router is set as. Make sure your entering your password correctly if that doesn't work try unplugging your router for 30 seconds.
    GoForRockets likes this.
  3. Toyuko

Toyuko Member

PSN:
    InuyashaKnight
    Hey, the p/w was right, it connected for a split second then it disconnected it was struggling to get a connection aswell however in the end i never got connected, and this was after i unplugged my router and even on open access (no p/w) it doesn't connect.

Update: Watch this video skip to about 0.44, to see what i mean.
  4. Toyuko

Toyuko Member

PSN:
    InuyashaKnight
    Anyway i tried powering off my router for about four hours, still same issue. I know the viras wifi is ok because it connected to my friends wifi with ease. Whats up with this?
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    AsaCarter
    possibly purchase a new router or change the security settings on your router, if none of those work then it's possibly your ISP.
  6. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    F34RTEHR34PER
    That error means that the connection to the access point, router, is interrupted. What router do you have? Brand name, model number, and current firmware version....?
    nobopyon and A410c like this.
  7. John Kreese

John Kreese Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mtk93
    I have wifi issues too, but of a different variety. Oftentimes, when it attempts to connect, it disables my router and wifi access for everything. I then have to unplug the router and plug it back in. I haven't figured out why (to be honest, I'm not savvy to routers at all). It's annoying, and I hope to fix it soon.
  8. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    F34RTEHR34PER
    You too then, get your router name, model #, and firmware version; and I'll look through it all to see if there's something I can help fix for ya.
  9. Inoperable Brain Tumor

Inoperable Brain Tumor Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    Cloroxbb
    Dont forget about MAC Filtering, make sure thats not on, as you would have to ADD the MAC address of your Vita to your Router's Access List, in order to connect to it.... But I would just do as F34R asks if that doesnt work as he is willing to spend time trying to help you guys.
  10. John Kreese

PSN:
    mtk93
    Thank you. I've got a Belkin Wireless G Router. Model No. F5D7230-4. Firmware 1.01.03.
  11. Toyuko

Toyuko Member

PSN:
    InuyashaKnight
    Fixed by getting a new router!
  12. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Right after that model number, there is version number. Example: v3
    Can you provide that so I can get the proper info for ya. I'm 99% done.
  13. John Kreese

PSN:
    mtk93
    It must be version 1, as it actually doesn't have that. Thanks again.
  14. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Alrighty... let's get that firmware updated asap, and see if that fixes your issues.

Firmware - 4.03.03
    Belkin Router Firmware 4.03.03

It's in .rar format right now, so unrar/decompress the file. You'll have the proper .bin file for the router. You'll need to access the router from a PC that is wired to the router for this update (according to Belkin).

If you've let the router set up the network address, type 192.168.2.1 in the browser address bar. Here are the instructions per Belkin Support:

http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/497

Let me know how it goes.
  15. John Kreese

PSN:
    mtk93
    Thanks so much. I'll give this a try as soon as I get a chance.
  16. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    F34RTEHR34PER
    You're welcome. Hopefully it was the source of the problem.
  17. John Kreese

PSN:
    mtk93
    I believe it was. I updated it three days ago and haven't had any issues with it. Thanks again.
  18. DrezyF

DrezyF New Member

PSN:
    DrezyF
    I'm having the same problem with my Vita too, I just got it 2 days ago. Could you help me too?