Featured Article Uncharted: Golden Abyss No Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'PS Vita Games' started by Chris, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

United States
    PSN:
    ckelv
    According to the New Zealand Playstation NGP Website, Uncharted Golden Abyss will have no network play. Perhaps it's multiplayer features will be discussed at E3 and they are waiting to get the data. Other games on the website such as WipEout 2048, Hustle Kings, and Reality Fighters all indicate network play with Hustle Kings also indicating additional network features.

Little Deviants is another NGP title that is labeled as no network play according to the New Zealand website.

Credit to Dark_AnNiaLatOr for discovering the New Zealand NGP website and supposed lack of multiplayer for the new Uncharted title.

We only have 2 more days to go until the Sony E3 conference and we will be covering it live here at PS Vita Forum.
    thehunter01 and Dark_AnNiaLatOr like this.
  2. thehunter01

thehunter01 Well-Known Member

Really sucks if its true tho, for me games get a incredible value with multiplayer. With uncharted you basically have a story. and once you beat it its pointless to go back i think. ( never played a uncharted tho )

But if its anything like tomb raider, there isn't much to go back towards. Then a full price is going to be hard to justify for me personally at these times ( on my pc i only got games with multiplayer solutions )

Still its a incredible game and i probably will get it for sure, purely for the graphical showcase etc. Even without multiplayer. still kinda meh tho
  3. VITA_OWNER

VITA_OWNER Active Member

This is a bit of a disappointment i wish they would explain why it doesn't have multiplayer
  4. N3MES1S75

N3MES1S75 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    N3M3S1S75
    There's always next time for a multiplayer vita uncharted. My bet they are already started looking into it.
  5. thehunter01

It could even be that its going to be a dlc feature for the future that launches later on or something against a minor pay fee.
  6. N3MES1S75

N3MES1S75 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    N3M3S1S75
    Or maybe just the NZ version isn't multiplayer, ha ha..... Australia is the same region, Damn.
  7. Chris

United States
    PSN:
    ckelv
  8. AMonte

AMonte Active Member

I hope that isn't true, portable games are meant to have multiplayer both offline and online. Golden Abyss should have offline and online multiplayer especially since one of the Vita versions is 3G and Sony has made that a big deal about Vita.

I love when games have good, fun multiplayer both offline and online, and multiplayer in Uncharted 2 is good, and look at what we know so far from Uncharted 3's online!

I would be very disappointed if Golden Abyss doesn't have multiplayer, before I read this I was really thinking about getting Vita at launch if the price is $250 or under because of Golden Abyss and WipEout's cross platform features but this has lowered my wanting of Vita at launch.
  9. AMonte

AMonte Active Member

Noooooooooo!!! This game can't be no multiplayer! If it's true I'm not as interested in Golden Abyss or in Vita as much and don't want to get the Vita at launch as much.

On a sidenote, what's with having Network Play and Infrastructure Mode? Is there a difference?
    And why call it Ad-hoc/Infrastructure Mode? why not just call them Local Play/Multiplayer and Online Play/Multiplayer, it would be easier for everyone to know.

On a positive note, notice how it says cross format compatibility PS3 - NGP, could you play Vita games on PS3?

EDIT: Also, notice how it says Media Type: Download. Is it going to be download only???
  10. thehunter01

Dunno really, they stated that the uncharted games was exclusive for vita. So i quess not.

maybe if you push out your complete save towards the ps3 that it unlocks something.

but i agree with you, its massive dissapointing if there isn't any multiplayer in it or upcoming for it. The big thing about vita = the online department. and every game should ultilize it on some way.
  11. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    PSN:
    Mikaru
    The thing is, Sony Bend is known for their multiplayer integration in games. Iirc, they made SOCOM (where the emphasis lies on multiplayer) and Resistance Retribution, which also had a nice multiplayer mode. It'd suck if Uncharted wouldn't have any, but for me, the singleplayer is more important.
    Chris likes this.
  12. thehunter01

true, i rather have a uncharted at day one tho. and not some fail fest 3th party games like rayman 2 that needs to keep you busy for 3 months.
  13. Ronald

Ronald Member

Yeah, but without multiplayer you will play Uncharted maximum 3 weeks.
    And with multiplayer you can play uncharted year or two..
  14. Chris

United States
    PSN:
    ckelv
    While the multiplayer was really enjoyable for me (was my most played title until I got GT5), the single player was the most enjoyable experience.
    Good point. With Uncharted 2, they already proved that the multiplayer works and is fun to play. Most of the assets are already in the game so I can't imagine what excuse they would have for no multiplayer if this turns out to be true.
    thehunter01 likes this.
  15. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    PSN:
    Mikaru
    Yeah, I do agree. It enhances the replayability by a huge margin. But if there are any cool third party multiplayer games, those will keep me busy after I'm done with Uncharted: Golden Abyss. And then there's always WipEout! :D
  16. jacob

jacob Active Member

I think the Vita needs a online game. like an MMO of some sort. would love a MMO which i can carry anywhere and play over 3G. Its a real shame if they dont have online on a system which promotes 3G.
    thehunter01 likes this.
  17. thehunter01

I agree with you on that part, i already stated on day one when the 3DS was announced that a MMO needed to hit it. Bad luck was that the hardware inside it just wasn't much capable of it and the way nintendo pushed the online solution again into oblivion.

Now with the NGP and the CPU / GPU power is there. i would love to see some mmo stuff going on. they should really try to provide such experiences.

I'm sure that the next generation is going to be a massive mmo battle. Thats where the future lies.
  18. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    PSN:
    Mikaru
    Like I posted somewhere else, something like TERA Online would be amazing. It's an action MMO so you won't need 300 buttons like in World of Warcraft. I want a portable MMO so bad. And no, not the Gameloft one.. It's awful.
  19. thehunter01

its running on UT3 to, but thats not going to happen it will eat up beyond to much resources and they would need to create a complete new version for it just for the consoles. and even if the ps3/xbox360 gets pushed to the max, the NGP will be lacking in power to support that.

A better solution is something lesser graphical intense or a game that already runs on the PS3 as mmo.

I believe there is a new space shooter mmo upcoming, maybe even that star wars mmo would be a great solution tho.
  20. awesomeness

awesomeness Well-Known Member

DUST 514
    manuel likes this.