Uncharted GA will require memory card for save data

Discussion in 'PS Vita Games' started by ismetdai, Oct 17, 2011.

1. ismetdai

ismetdai Active Member

thehunter01 likes this.
  2. cannabliss

cannabliss Active Member

Maybe only the more high-res games like Gravity Rush, WiPeout
  3. Doctor Nebula

Doctor Nebula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FuyukiCake
    I'm guessing Little Big Planet will also be the same, considering the type of game it is...
    ZNARF<3VITA likes this.
  4. thehunter01

thehunter01 Well-Known Member

I find this a bit odd to say the least.

a 4gb flash card used for cartridges will in theory hit 3,73gb.

The 10% for saves/dlc solutions will be 373mb of that 3,73gb which basically reduces the game space for the games on a 4gb cartridges towards 3,35gb of disc space basically.

Save files only take up a few mb for multiple of them. Its like 1mb could easily be managed maybe 2 mb with games that carry a lot of stuff with you. but thats about it. lets say make 10 slots to save which is far enough and cut off 23mb or something from that 373mb which gives you 350mb of room for dlc's.

i dunno how they cant save on 373mb even 1 saved file, but thats just a terrible excuse.

The only reason what i can think off is that uncharted has a file size of 3,73gb and that they simple do not got anymore room for anything else as its really pushed towards the max.

But then again, couldn't they save from 3730mb of disc space even 10mb to push out atleast 5 save slots?

Yea right, sounds like a scam to me. They just want to force people to buy it by tagging it wiht uncharted for a 100%.
    Luuk.vanRiel and ismetdai like this.
  5. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy - Moderator

United States
    PSN:
    DeathMoJo
    Here is my thought that it would require two seperate lines of code to save on game card or save on memory card. If you download uncharted then your only option is memory card save.
  6. thehunter01

They can make a memory card or cartridge option in the game, and make the memory card a additional option, or just a autodetect feature that detects if its a downloaded version or not.

Hardly a reason to make this a requirement.

If you download a game then of course you need a memory card, but its totally not necessary for a cartridge for sure.
  7. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    PSN:
    Mikaru
    Sony just needs to sell memory cards. It's a sneaky way, but I can't blame them. They're supposedly making a loss on every sold Vita unit, so they need to even it out with extra peripherals.
    Luuk.vanRiel and Dark_AnNiaLatOr like this.
  8. SC7639

SC7639 Active Member

PSN:
    SC7639
    I agree that sony just needs to sell memory cards. I would be happier if they just charged like £20 - £30 more and gave everyone an 8 or 16gb memory card. Since you deffo need a few if you plan on downloading games like i do.
  9. Thomas790

Thomas790 Active Member

wait wait wait, i know about the memory cards, but how much are they going to cost!!!
    i am fricking 14, how the hell can they think i have so much money.......
    i have to work half a year for this thing and 3 games!
    talhaa likes this.
  10. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    PSN:
    Mikaru
    Save up two euro's/dollars a day (maybe squeeze some allowance out of your parents? :p) and you can buy the system when it launches!
  11. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy - Moderator

United States
    PSN:
    DeathMoJo
    Its true, but developers have to spend that extra time to code it to perform that way. Maybe there is something related to the new security we don't know about.

In the end I bet it comes down to selling more memory cards.
  12. awesomeness

awesomeness Well-Known Member

i dont think i'll have a problem...I'll be finishing the whole game in one stretch!! :p
    Luuk.vanRiel likes this.
  13. ismetdai

ismetdai Active Member

But when you die,you'll have to start from the beginning.Remember no autosave either.
    awesomeness likes this.
  14. awesomeness

awesomeness Well-Known Member

damn it!!
    cd0g43 likes this.
  15. AKool28

AKool28 IVIaster IVIod

United States
    PSN:
    IVIasterJason
    ill be buying the 8gb mem stick!
  16. Buckybuckster

Buckybuckster Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    buckybuckster
    The sad thing is that they have made it a requirement....
    Based on this info, pretty much everyone is going to need a memory card. As far as if this unusual tactic Sony has taken with Vita's memory storage is it's way to sell more memory cards, only they know. All I know is that it stinks!
    ismetdai likes this.
  17. thehunter01

Yea i know, i basically stated only why it wasn't needed anymore.

There is no excuse really for having to buy a memory card to save your progress. Its just PR nonsense and a way to force people to buy there memory modules at day 1.

I could see people complaining about this massively when they buy one tho, when they find out that they cant even save a game after buying the vita + a game :p.
    Buckybuckster likes this.
  18. Luuk.vanRiel

Luuk.vanRiel The Eternal Poster

That just makes it harder, more like Dark Souls :p
  19. Luuk.vanRiel

Luuk.vanRiel The Eternal Poster

I find it a little unfair they don't sell like 1gb memory cards for 10-15 euro/dollar. It would really make them some profit since every younger person that hasn't got enough money to buy a 50 euro 4gb card will get them just to save games and updates.
  20. rawrrzombie

rawrrzombie Active Member

PSN:
    EntrelaVita
    i wish they include a 1gb card with the vita