The PSV screen is dissapointing

Discussion in 'PS Vita General' started by MetroidSlayer0, Jan 22, 2012.

1. CoolDust

CoolDust Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    CoolDust
    So the lines are not normal?! :mad: My screen has them pretty bad, they are not visible on dark colours but on the grey and bright screens they are everywhere! There is one really bad one on the left that became very noticible when playing Motorstorm RC, Rayman, and the Fifa demo. I see them on WipEout a little but dont see anything in Uncharted. It seems pretty common but the fact people are claiming to have screens without really grinds my gears...

I really dont care about the black blotches but these lines are getting annoying! Makes me want to return my Vita but then my Vita is yet to freeze so i think i have a stable machine. :confused:
  2. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I am pretty sure they aren't normal. If so, I want mah lines!!!
  3. DarkOneX

DarkOneX Member

PSN:
    DarkOneX
    Guess I got lucky, I don't see anything odd at all on my screen even when the screen darkens, no lines, no splotches etc, looks perfect! Don't even have any dead or stuck pixels. Glad too because shiz like that bugs the hell out of me.
  4. wermy

wermy New Member

PSN:
    hoop-de-la-hoop
    I wouldn't say it's "normal", but I would say it's common. I mean, 67% of the ones I've owned have had them. :) Loads of other people on these forums and elsewhere reporting them too. I guess it's just a crap shoot.
  5. CoolDust

CoolDust Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    CoolDust
    Trust me dude you dont want them... They are annoying as hell! The quality contol at Sony is shocking! Its like a lucky dip, you might get a Vita with better blacks, more blotches, dust trapped underneath the plastic, lines on the screen, squeeky triggers/buttons, dead/trapped pixel, or you might be one of the lucky few who claim to have a perfect unit.

Im lucky enough to have a squeeky X button + L trigger, a dead pixel and lots of vertical lines! :rolleyes: Go me! Although my system has had no problems with freezing or black screens etc so i dont want to swap it for one that freezes a lot but at the same time the problems mine has are annoying.
  6. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I was being sarcastic. The PSP was the same way when it came out. It was a pot luck in regards to dead and stuck pixels.
  7. lordspanky

lordspanky New Member

THIS

8. tubers

tubers Well-Known Member

I disagree with your conclusion but THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm not crazy.. the screen has some weird crushing issues. I hate it. I prefer a calibrated screen with industry colors. I find the details lost in the dark to be annoying.

I've posted pics on several threads and it seems that only you on a VITA board know about this (or what it could actually be).
  9. PSVITAGAMER2012

PSVITAGAMER2012 New Member

United States
    PSN:
    PSVITAGAMER2012
    Me too.I haven't really
    seen these on a Vita myself,either.I used 3 or 4 from different locations at different times and including my own
    unit,in hand now,I see no problems. :confused:
  10. SONY

SONY Active Member

Australia
    PSN:
    PllayStation
    The only normal thing to find on all OLED/AMOLED screens is the "smashed screen look" on black screens.