The PSV screen is dissapointing

Discussion in 'PS Vita System & Accessories' started by MetroidSlayer0, Jan 22, 2012.

1. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    Just got my PSV a couple days ago (HK, 3G) and realised that the screen shows vertical lines when displaying a grey/brownish picture. Apparently its common for OLED screens but its kinda distracting. Sony should have opted for an IPS display or AMOLED.

My PSV screen taken from my iphone, PSV brightness lowest:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/MetroidSlayer0/photo.jpg

You notice several vertical lines all across the screen. I'm not surprised if others share this problem too.
  2. Captain_Astro

Captain_Astro Member

PSN:
    Captainastro4
    I've seen heaps reviewing videos on youtube and honestly can't say I didn't like what I saw...

Is this super obvious that it would literally affect your gaming experience?
  3. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    Its doesn't affect gaming at all. But it is noticeable nonetheless. Comes up whenever the screen is displaying greyish hues. Turning up the brightness helps a little. Apparently many other PSV owners are experiencing this 'issue' with their screens. I wouldn't call it a defect since it is a common property exhibited by OLED screens.
  4. halljames

halljames Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Halljames
    Sounds like your seeking perfection in a far from perfect world :)
    sunjay141, CUD, Dremic and 8 others like this.
  5. kaizere

kaizere Well-Known Member

I think thats part of the wallpaper...even the other color have...
  6. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    Well, considering its my first ever device which utilizes OLED technology, i've never come across such a phenomena with displays. But I guess i'll just have to deal with it. Thankful that my system doesn't have dead pixels.
  7. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    Its definitely not the wallpapers. Its the screen itself.
  8. kaizere

I thought its the effect of the wallpaper...all of them have one...except for the black one....mehhh....doesnt affect the gameplay and the graphics anyways....and you're not goin to stay at the the home screen when using the vita...
    Luuk.vanRiel likes this.
  9. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    Yeah, its not going to affect gameplay. But still..... kinda expected better from the display :/
  10. kaizere

why not just change you're wallpaper so you don't have to get irritated from the lines :D
  11. Master Jay

Master Jay ▬▬ι═M═O═D═ﺤ Staff Member

United States
    PSN:
    IVIasterJay
    It's not the wave lines in the background people! It's the microscopic blurred lines in the image at 1000x zoom. I can't believe anyone saw those lines in the first place. :confused:

:rolleyes: If the world was perfect, we'd find a blade of grass out of place.
    PSVITAGAMER2012 and apolloa like this.
  12. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    Oh trust me, they are rather noticeable. And I don't even have to put my face close to the screen.
  13. Captain_Astro

Captain_Astro Member

PSN:
    Captainastro4
    Definitely will come back to this when i get mine :0 srsly I don't see any problem from the reviews- unless their camera is like bad as lol
  14. OneZeoN

OneZeoN Active Member

PSN:
    onezeon
    I'd say it's pretty close to a fault imo

I've seen 4 ps vita up close and played on all of them and the screens didn't have these issues at all.
    And I've checked the screen a lot when I was using them.

Might be an issue with OLED screens but it's certainly worse on some than others.
    PSVITAGAMER2012 likes this.
  15. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    It would be hard to tell from watching videos. I have been on several other forums and other members are also experiencing this issue with their screens. At first when I picked up my PSV I didn't notice the lines. Only after having spent a day or two did I start to see them. They are most easily seen on lowest brightness and on a greyish image. Try it out yourself and tell me if you have it.
  16. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
  17. kaizere

hahah....didnt even understand what they're talkin about...its just a minor problem...I still love the vita :)...
  18. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    Don't get me wrong, I love the vita. By far the best portable console i've owned so far and far better than my 3DS. Was just wondering if other people have this same issue with their screens that's all.
  19. kaizere

I'll try to look on my vita later if i have one of those problems..
  20. MetroidSlayer0

MetroidSlayer0 Member

PSN:
    MetroidSlayer0
    Thanks bro. Easiest to see under low brightness and choose the brown wallpaper like me. Let me know if you see it.