Near & Maps Not working on Wifi Model of Vita.

Discussion in 'PS Vita Q & A' started by One_Jay, Mar 1, 2012.

1. One_Jay

One_Jay New Member

Just wondering if you know how to resolve this, i have changed all the parental settings to allow on browser and location data and turned off content.

I have turned on all the settings under Location data. i.e Use location Data, Maps, Near.

I also went into the Near application and turned on all the settings within the app itself
    I.e Allow the System to use your location data and Allow near to use your location data and obtain location at regular intervals. I also tuned on all the sharing settings i.e Remember my settings, turn on near automatic location updates, share online ID and i have Private Games and Private Zones set at 0.

The error message i am getting in Near after attempting to obtain location is. could not obtain data from your location.

Maps is giving me a similar error message - Could not identify your current location. Please try again later. (C2-13396-2).

I have checked that my WIFI is connected before opening Near and Maps.

Just wondering if you guy's have a similar problem.
  2. Barack__Odrama

Barack__Odrama Active Member

United States
    PSN:
    Barack__Odrama
    Could be hardware if it's not working in Near or Maps.
  3. One_Jay

One_Jay New Member

The browser is working fine, i can access websites fine.
  4. Barack__Odrama

Barack__Odrama Active Member

United States
    PSN:
    Barack__Odrama
    Did you accept all the terms of service necessary?
  5. One_Jay

One_Jay New Member

yes, i did
  6. LiKuidd

LiKuidd Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LiKuidd
    this was happening to me.. i simply shut down the vita.. turned it back on and let it sit there for a few. and it works again. hope that helps. if not prob should do a full factory reset. and if still nothing return it.
  7. oldgreg07

oldgreg07 Active Member

PSN:
    injendsm
    I made a post not long ago that I'm having the same problem. I've yet to be able to use Near, which is disappointing because it seemed like a decent app.
  8. One_Jay

One_Jay New Member

Thankfully i am not the only one.
    Hopefully Sony can provide a solution to this problem.

I read somewhere if you register your information on a website called Skyhook that some people are reporting that doing so has managed to get their Vita to obtain location.
  9. BLACKVIPER1980

BLACKVIPER1980 Member

PSN:
    BLACKVIPER1980
    i have the wi fi and i now the maps defo work on mine
  10. VeniVitaVici

VeniVitaVici Active Member

PSN:
    VeniVitaVici
    NEAR is working for me. Browser was working the other day. I have not used the maps.
  11. ryu431

ryu431 New Member

PSN:
    ninja4319326

I have the same problem as you~ Problem start from the beginning~ AFter I buy the Playstation Vita, The first thing I did is test the Near application, set all the settings like it was supposed to be~ then same error over and over~ (could not obtain data from your location. same with the maps Could not identify your current location. Please try again later. (C2-13396-2).) is this problem normal?? Until now I still can't fix this problem~ already try many things~ results still the same~ HELP~ :((
  12. ryu431

ryu431 New Member

PSN:
    ninja4319326
    How to accept all the terms of services? in the Near apps?? I read all the terms and conditions, the policies but at the end, I can't find any button to tick saying I accept all the terms?? (sorry for the stupid questions~ I'm new here actually~ and this is my first handheld gaming device I had In my life~)
  13. ryu431

ryu431 New Member

PSN:
    ninja4319326
    Skyhook~ Try that option already~ waited for a week~ still the same results~ :((
  14. stolirocks

stolirocks Active Member

PSN:
    Stolirocks
    Works fine for me
  15. DeusXiphos

DeusXiphos Active Member

Philippines
    PSN:
    DeusXiphos
    when i registered my access point to skyhook, my near app obtained my location in just few minutes of waiting.
  16. ryu431

ryu431 New Member

PSN:
    ninja4319326
    Lucky u~ :( mine until today still error~.......
  17. dsigns

dsigns Active Member

PSN:
    dsigns209
    What router are you using?
  18. Lyion Vermillion

Lyion Vermillion Member

Hmmm.. I am getting this same error when trying to use NEAR.. I guess I'll give this skyhook a try..
  19. dsigns

dsigns Active Member

PSN:
    dsigns209
    The next FW update...hopefully tomorrow is supposed to update the way near works. Maybe that will fix the issues some of you have.
  20. Herzy

Herzy Active Member

PSN:
    herzy58
    Crap! This happened to me awhile back,I managed to fix it sadly I cant remember how