NBA 2K14, Things to fix for My Career mode next year

Discussion in 'PS4 Games' started by PSJamesMysterio, Dec 11, 2013.

1. PSJamesMysterio

PSJamesMysterio Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    PSJamesMysterio
    NBA 2K14 on PS4 is a a great game. It is obviously a next-gen game and not a port, and it blows NBA live away (again). Disagree?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    That settled? Good. NBA live sucks.

I'm not going to do a entire review, because really, I like everything about the game besides these things. Sop here's some things in my career mode that really piss me off.

Rookie Showcase. The performance you need to be a top ten pick is ridiculous. Apparently 30 points is better than 20 points and 10 assists. Even though 30 points is just 30 and 20 and 10 is 20 + aid on another 20 points. The whole "player rating" thing you get at halftime means NOTHING/. I've restarted once or twice due to file corruption. I had a 3 rating and ended with 30 points and maybe 5 assist. 7th pick. 4 rating with 22 points and 10 assists, 11th pick.

Player voice. there is one for 30 heads. Doesn't work. next year please give more.

The Dynamic goals are good, but some of them and their outcomes are really stupid. I was a rookie and I was averaging better numbers than anyone on the team. My coach (Dynamic goal), said something like this "score at least 8 points and get 60% from the field.". OK, well i got a 8 points but missed too many shots. When i got the 8 points, no "X" appeared on the top right hand corner. So I think, OK, i can still get it. by the 4th quarter, I had 29 points and my FG % was 60. But because I had got another dynamic goal before I got those 29 points, it didn't count. Then my coach yells at me and cuts my minutes. This makes no sense, because I gave the best performance out of everyone on the team. I had 10 assists as well.

The other goal was to bring my team back from a 14 point deficit. Now, i was a point guard. I can't stop HOWARD from getting points. even if i got points every play, its impossible to come back from that in like 3 minutes.

Another one that is frequent and annoying is the goal too get 10 straight points. Well I got 8 straight but then I got double teamed. So I PASSED it and my teammate shot and made it. Which gave me an assist. But the goal failed. WHAT? isn't getting a assist a GOOD thing? What else should I have done? not passed it? That would force a jump ball which lowers my teammate grade. the goal should be instead "Be responsible for 10 straight points". That would mean, scoring, assists or scores off steals by you. The goals are too specific, stupid, impossible, or the consequences of failing them are stupid.
  2. MadMike

MadMike Retired Moderator

PSN:
    MadMike22089
    Is there really only 1 voice for your created players? Totally lame for someone like me who enjoys the RPG side of sports games.
  3. Lethal

Lethal Moderator Staff Member

United States
    PSN:
    Lethal_NFS

No there isn't. When you create your player, you have the option of a few different voice types.

My career is pretty cool, but the game forces you to suck at times because that is how the career story wants it to be.

For example, I am a fantastic free throw shooter. But in one of my games, I missed like 5 of 6 free throws. The game forced me to miss so that the story would have me complain about my poor free throws in that game, and then I would practice my free throws with a team mate.

I also do not like how I have no control over some of my goals. Don't let this guy score any points this quarter. Well sometimes he is not my man to guard, and the cpu allows him to score. I just lost out on that goal.
    MadMike likes this.
  4. icmasticc

icmasticc Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    ThaVeritas
    For you guys who have this game, is it worth getting despite the issues I'm hearing?

I'm thinking about getting it today, but I then I read that the new patch that just got released snuck in an always-online requirement for the game and a lot of the game modes are broken anyway like online play and The Park. I was originally interested in this game because I do like basketball and I haven't played any NBA game in quite some time(I think I played NBA Live 08 and NBA 2K7 or 8 last).

Basically just wanted to know if the complaints(of which there are more than enough to make me worry) are true or substantial? If that is the case, I'm definitely gonna avoid this game, but it still looks really good.
  5. Lethal

Lethal Moderator Staff Member

United States
    PSN:
    Lethal_NFS
    I am addicted to the My Career mode right now. The Park is busted and nothing but a waste of time. But overall I think 2K14 is still a fantastic game. I am annoyed that they removed the mascots from the sidelines, but I assume they will return next year. They were removed to improve the fps on the last gen consoles. Next year will be such a huge improvement when they actually build this game for the next gen consoles.