My vita wont work. Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'PS Vita General' started by FireHawk259, Jun 5, 2012.

1. FireHawk259

FireHawk259 Member

I woke up this morning and found my roof had leaked and some of the water had got on to my vita. I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't work and it wont charge. I've put it in rice for over 6 hours but still isn't turning on.
    Any Help?
  2. fifadude6

fifadude6 Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    fifadude6
    ouch unlucky, i cant think of anything to help you :(
    you could try googling it or sending it back to sony
  3. Karoa

Karoa Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    Karoa_a17
    Contact Sony.

But if you want to take a risk, and damage the warranty, you could also open it up. But I would contact sony first.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    AsaCarter
    put it in white rice, brown rice does nothing. Leave it in there for 2-3 days and wait for every drop of moisture to get out of there. leaving it in a warm enviroment may help as well. I am not responsible if it overheats and breaks though.
  5. Getheart McLiar

Getheart McLiar New Member

PSN:
    notblood
    White rice for sure. And wait at least 2/3 days. Don't want any moisture when you try and fire it back up.
  6. rrajao

rrajao Well-Known Member

Brazil
    PSN:
    rrajao
    Rule of thumb: when electronic gadgets get wet, DO NOT turn them on. When you turn it on, you run power through the circuits. Water droplets inside will short the circuits, since electrons always take the path of least resistance. I know that's our first reaction, but try to resist the temptation. You should have done the rice/oven thing first, then attempted to turn it on.

Having said that, your PS Vita is most likely ruined. If Sony is dumb and you're lucky, there's no moisture detector inside the Vita (like most smartphones have) and you'll be able to exchange it under warranty.

If not, eBay it for parts, and put the money towards a new one. If leaks are common in your house, BUY A WATERPROOF CASE.

Good luck.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    AsaCarter
    hey, they still have a 1 year factory warranty so they'll accept even with water damagae, I just remembered this.
  8. slimingcheese

slimingcheese Active Member

Japan
    PSN:
    XerveX
    Call sony then explain it to them on what happen. Do the First aid first...^_^
  9. camchams

camchams New Member

10. camchams

camchams New Member

Just checked, it should fit it, it's 210mm by 130mm the Vita is 83.55mm by 182mm. :D
  11. bakagami

bakagami Active Member

PSN:
    death_by_wabbit
    actually no, just call them & tell them that it just stopped working. Say nothing about the water unless you have the accidental damage coverage. I had something similar happen to mine & they replaced it without question
  12. Dusean17

Dusean17 Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    Dusean17
    God damn yoj must be crustrated sorry dude listen to the people here ok
  13. FireHawk259

FireHawk259 Member

Thanks everyone for your imput. Helped ALOT