I think this memory adapter has solved what is IMO the vita's biggest flaw

Discussion in 'PS Vita General' started by Mike, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

2. Mendax

Mendax Well-Known Member

Uhhh; the Vita takes a new type of memory. A memory stick pro duo adapter won't work. There's no telling if third parties will be making their own. It seems like Sony is going out of their way to make it so the Vita is the only device that can read the new memory cards and it has to approve all the files you copy over. If anyone could make a microSD adapter; they could also make a USB card reader. I expect Sony will do everything they can to prevent that.
  3. Vic20

Vic20 Active Member

PSN:
    URbetter
    Yup, this.
  4. Mike

Mike New Member

well then...crap.
  5. ceramicsaturn

ceramicsaturn Well-Known Member

Eh. My philosophy is this:

If the purchase of a memory card prevents you from buying a system that makes its competitor look like it was released 5 years ago, then there's more questions to be asked than just why a memory card costs money.
  6. MOFO

MOFO Active Member

Already ordered the 32GB card, I figure I'm only going to need 1 why not go big even if I feel like I'm being ripped off.
  7. ceramicsaturn

ceramicsaturn Well-Known Member

I'll probably get the 8 or 16 GB. I was going to buy just the 4GB, but then PSN only games like Shapes & Sounds, Escape Plan, and Motorstorm RC came along and ruined that idea.

I figured all I'd have to save were game saves, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. If I want 3 download titles off the bat it's a necessity. I just can't justify 32GB though. Something tells me that by the time I get anywhere near filling that up, the memory cards will have dropped dramatically in price by then.

EDIT: Plus I just remembered I have a few PSN PSP titles from when I had a GO that I'd want to re-download, like GT, Patapon 2 and Motorstorm Arctic Circle.
  8. Mike

Mike New Member

I never said it would prevent me from purchasing it...it's just a little extra wallet damage. The only reason I have not pre-ordered one is because it is not yet available in white.
  9. AKool28

AKool28 IVIaster IVIod

United States
    PSN:
    IVIasterJason
    i think ill go with an 8 first annd maybe get the 16 later
  10. OneZeoN

OneZeoN Active Member

PSN:
    onezeon
    Yup 8gb for me at launch
  11. AKool28

AKool28 IVIaster IVIod

United States
    PSN:
    IVIasterJason
    my philosophy is always be protected...but thats just me... lol
  12. thehunter01

thehunter01 Well-Known Member

Well bummer that the 32gb wont be available here, so 16gb it is i guess.

I find 4gb to less for what i want to do with it the same goes for 8gb. I didn't liked the 16gb option also, but oh well the decision got made for me through not releasing a bigger version tho :p
  13. Pepitoz

Pepitoz Member

How big is a vita game from the store? And what comes with the first edition bundle? An 8gb card?
  14. Mendax

Mendax Well-Known Member

15. AKool28

AKool28 IVIaster IVIod

United States
    PSN:
    IVIasterJason
    get it '' always protected'' meaning condoms! haha... no??? never mind not funny. lol. any ways i think ill ask for a 16 gb for my bday