How to install PSP games onto vita...

Discussion in 'PS Vita Games' started by cq842000, Dec 21, 2011.

1. cq842000

cq842000 New Member

PSN:
    cq842000
    Hey everyone,
    I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place... I seem to be experiencing some difficulties and would like to get help understanding this one. I just imported a PS Vita, set it up, activated it, and plugged it into the PS3. I have newly downloaded (not installed) PSP games on the PS3, and when I try to use content manager on the vita it cant find any PSP games on my PS3. It did see and copy over all of my PSP save games with no problem, but it doesnt see any PSP games at all. What am I doing wrong here. Also can anyone that imported the Vita, verify whether or not US games will transfer to it? I have videos, music, pictures, and PSP game save data on the vita, but cant get the PSP games on it.
  2. Mendax

Mendax Well-Known Member

PSP backwards compatability is ongoing and not all games work with it yet. These are the Japanese games that work:
    http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?site=FIZ02WOB&group=1&design=2&charset=utf-8&umdpass=1&detail=1&count=100&sort_date=1&act=url

Beyond that, I really don't know what to tell you. I don't think anyone could get PSP games from other regions on the JP Vita. Maybe Sony has to update the game file to support Vita and they've only done it for the JP PSN store.
  3. cq842000

cq842000 New Member

PSN:
    cq842000
    I called up Sony and spoke with a very courteous tech support rep. She was envious that I had a vita so soon, but was attentive and as nice as nice could be. She informed me that I would have to call up Japan tech support as the US offices have received no formal training in the Vita yet. She said that at best guess, the US version PSP games available through PSN have not been updated yet to be compatible with the Vita, yet 4.0 PS3 firmware made the PS3 itself compatible, and is reflected by me being able to use remote play, use the backup and restore functions, and transfer all but PSP games over to the vita. I already got a firmware update from Japan (while in the US), and look forward to the PS Vita's release in the US so that I can play my PSP games on the Vita's gorgeous screen. Meanwhile I'll just pick up some Japan Vita games to hold me over. On a good note, US facebook works on the imported vita, as does transferring PSOne game saves..
  4. Aoi Tenshi

Aoi Tenshi New Member

PSN:
    Devil-Slayer20xx
    yo! cq842000
    You can only download the games if you are using the same account for the Ps3 and Vita. Bare in your mind that the only store that is online and working is the Japanese PS Store, you can't download or transfer games you download to your Vita until your region gets Vita Store support. Because I have different accounts and I had my main account linked to the vita (no vita store support yet) I wanted to download Japanese games and Japanese demos to try them out on my Japanese account, but I couldn't so I personally E-mailed the Japanese tech support and asked them the following:

"Hello
    I tried to change the main account that is linked with the PSVita (the first account you login when you first turn on the vita for the first time) and I can't seem to be able to login any other account as it gives me an error message when I try to... saying (you can only login the account that is linked to your Vita)". Is there like a way to login my other accounts or I can only use one account and its unchangeable?
    I appreciate your help and thanks in advance"

and this is what they replied to me

"Dear Aoi Tenshi:

Thank you for taking the time to write
    Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ).
    We are writing in reply to your inquiry.

We would like to express our thanks for your loyal patronage.
    Regarding your inquiry, we SCEJ would like to inform you the followings.

First of all, please be informed that Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
    (SCEI) has implemented a territorial-based distribution and support
    system for its hardware, software, peripherals and network services
    due to the different language, voltage standards and the system issues.
    SCEI has contact points in each region/country for customer supports,
    and this department is established to support for the customers inside
    of Japan, or the users of Japanese PlayStation products.

For this reason we SCEJ only manage and support the area inside of Japan.
    Also we do not guarantee the proper operation of the use of Japanese
    PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) outside of Japan.

Since we regard PS Vita as a portable machine that each user can always
    walk around with one PSVITA per person, we have set up that PS Vita is
    available to apply only one PSN account. Therefore, there is no function
    to switch PSN accounts.

If you would like to use two PSN accounts, it needs to restore PS Vita
    system every time when you switch PSN accounts.

We apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to meet your
    request, but thank you in advance for your kind understanding."

Hope this helps.
  5. Aoi Tenshi

Aoi Tenshi New Member

PSN:
    Devil-Slayer20xx
    I did restore my Vita and formatted my Memory Card to change accounts. Now I am using my Japanese account and I have been downloading PSP/Vita games/demos for a while. Guess I have to buy another Vita now for my main account...? once its released here that is.. otherwise all the games I bought on the Japanese account will go to waste.
  6. Luuk.vanRiel

Luuk.vanRiel The Eternal Poster

Well thats a shame. But you could also just buy a new memory card and the restore the system whith the new one inserted and keep your japanese games/saves and when you wanna play them just log in with your japanese account. Might take a while but its the only way next to buying a new Vita.
  7. Au{R}oN

Au{R}oN Member

PSN:
    AuRoN89
    That's not correct.
    You can load PSP games even from a PS Store region that isn't on Vita yet. How? By using a PS3.

But there is one problem... for some unknown reason 99,99% of games aren't recognized by the PS Vita.
  8. Luuk.vanRiel

That might be becuz they need to change the recognition coding somehow. Just like with the fact you cant download PS3 games on PSP. Guess they should get available through US/EU stores closer to launch though.
  9. Au{R}oN

Au{R}oN Member

PSN:
    AuRoN89
    no, you can't transfer games from PS3 to PSV if they are installed into the PS3.
  10. NessyLoveYou

NessyLoveYou New Member

You just must switch the memory card. When you would have another account. All the PSN infos are saved on the memory card. :)
    Luuk.vanRiel likes this.
  11. Luuk.vanRiel

Gonnacost ya though
  12. GamejunkieUK

GamejunkieUK Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    It's not worth the hassle.