Ecolibrium PS Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita Games' started by Yorky, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Inferno187

Inferno187 Active Member

Netherlands
    PSN:
    InfernoNL
    I already stopped playing it.
    I don't feel like checking my vita every few hours, its too time consuming and the amount of content you can unlock without paying isn't that great either.
    That, and the fact that Tekken is taking up all of my gametime.
  2. stormyandcold

stormyandcold Active Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    stormyandcold
    Yeah, games like Theme Park are much more entertaining than this game.
  3. CUD

CUD Well-Known Member

Australia
    PSN:
    CUDpwns
    I'm actually enjoying this. Well something keeps pulling me back to increase my ranking in the online mode and trying to complete the challenges. I am yet to spend any money on it.
    Murphy likes this.
  4. Murphy

Murphy Administrator Staff Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    PMurphy1978
    Yeah, it's a little annoying but it does draw you in. annoyed that I have very little credits now and I need a tree and it will take hours to get me up to afford it lol.

My horsey type things are taking a day to breed at the moment, as that picks up I guess I can start selling them to make more credits. It's very time intensive, but can be done without spending money...

How are you supposed to do the second challenge, getting all those horses in such a short space of time?
    CUD likes this.
  5. CUD

CUD Well-Known Member

Australia
    PSN:
    CUDpwns
    I'm having the same problem, just waiting until I have enough credits to balance things out again.

How many horses (Maanhares I think they're called) do you need? 8 or 10? I think I managed to do it by just waiting for my energy and credits to re-accumulate then buying as many Maanhares as I could. I'm finding the next challenges more troublesome though in terms of how many credits I have.
  6. pkgem

pkgem Active Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    pkgem
    I'm not sure what the best ratio is but it seems easier if you have a mix of level 1 (herbivores), 2 (omnivores) and 3 (carnivores).
    As for breeding - the animals only seem to produce one offspring per reproduction cycle, regardless of whether you have two or ten... I'm a bit disappointed by that.
    I'm also disappointed by he lack of information it gives. Last night, I checked in to discover a set of my animals had gone extinct - I'd had two of them and presumably they hadn't had chance to reproduce yet. What happened though? My equilibrium rating had been 100% so they cannot have starved. I can only presume my predators ate them before they could have an offspring. It would be nice if the game registered deaths in the log though. Births are there but I'd like see "Maanhare death by Tyap predation" (for example) registered there as well.
  7. Murphy

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    PMurphy1978
    Apparently it does, I have 7 Maanhare's now and the reproduction rate dropped about an hour each time I added one, still more than a day though lol.

I'm playing it a bit for now, but can see myself quickly getting bored...
  8. pkgem

pkgem Active Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    pkgem
    Ah, that makes sense. I was expecting multiple births per potential breeding pair added but a reduction in breeding time per Maanhare makes sense too. Cheers.

I have set myself the challenge of gaining the trophy for completing all the Challenges and the one for having three viable ecosystems. However, after that, yes, I can see myself becoming bored too. The simulated ecosystems aren't that interesting in themselves and without some sort of challenge to motivate players, I can see most people growing bored of it too.

I have to admit that when I first heard about this, I'd hoped it would have some sort of cross-breeding available - anything up to and including the combinations you could pull off in Impossible Creatures. It would be more fun if you could create and then gift or auction your own creatures. Then people could add them to their ecosystems and find out what happens...
  9. Luuk.vanRiel

Luuk.vanRiel The Eternal Poster

I played this at gamescom but it surely needs time and effort because i couldnt understand. Even though im good at german.
  10. PoisonFantasy

PoisonFantasy Well-Known Member

Canada
    PSN:
    techoverride
    I've been reading about this and now I'm really hoping it comes to the North American psn store! I wanna try this out!
  11. vasanthp

vasanthp New Member

I have the 3g version, how can i use it to find new species ??? It says go out around the real world how do i do that. I can use near can somone pls tell me how to find new species in ecolibrium?
  12. pkgem

pkgem Active Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    pkgem
    I'm guessing it is suggesting firing up Near wherever you take your Vita. Then see how many people are playing it nearby, then click on the game icon from within Near and see if anyone has posted anything.

To be honest, the Near functionality seems the weakest part of the game. I posted something up on Near the other day but only because I wanted to kick out a tree - I had a planted a better tree but this upset my equilibrium but I had reached my max capacity of plants and animals so the only choice I had to balance was to eject one of my original trees. That is the first time that situation came up and I cannot see it happening often with people - and generally people aren't going to boot out anything good. Shame you cannot seem to clone and gift (say an alpha animal). Your best bet to pick up better animals and artifacts (without spending real money) is at the auctions.
  13. Murphy

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    PMurphy1978
    I'm assuming that "offspring" turn into adults, any idea how long this takes?

I used a platinum box today, all £1.xx or whatever, won't be doing it again. Bit pointless.
  14. pkgem

pkgem Active Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    pkgem
    Offspring do indeed turn into adults but I'm not sure at what rate. I suspect it differs for each species. I've never had more than one offspring with the third tier predators but I've had a maximum of two with second and first level creatures. I might try and do the math this weekend as I plan to keep dipping into the game to do a couple of challenges.

I've bought a few platinum boxes (yes, I'm a sucker :p) and I agree that they are not really worth it. Not only have I not received a single platinum item from any of the three boxes I purchased but I kept receiving the same artifacts. The bronze boxes are actually better because at 25p they are cheap and they'll improve your range of (albeit low level) creatures.
  15. da-vita-loca

da-vita-loca Active Member

Wheres the US version! Smh
  16. Horto

Horto Member

Australia
    PSN:
    Hortomation
    Is anyone here still playing this game? I think it's quite under rated.

The challenges are pretty much tutorials to the game and a way of acquiring all the plants and a decent amount of eco points. Where this game gets interesting is the auctions. You can auction your own animals and artifacts for Eco points, or you can bid for other people's (basic, bronze, silver, gold and platinum). Obviously gold and platinum costs quite a lot of ecopoints. You can buy bronze to platinum packs for these animals / artifacts but you don't have to, it just speeds up the process.

So if you win bids for say 2 silver class animals of the same species and breed them into your ecosystem, you can then sell the offspring (once they're a decent sized group) through auction to get more ecopoints. Higher level animals have more ecopoints, improving the amount you get per hour. There's also artifacts of varying power that improves adaption, reproduction, reduce hunting times etc. that speeds up the ecosystem.

Also gold / platinum class animals are harder to manage than basic / bronze, as reproduction is slower but they hunt more often. It can be interesting to see if a couple of animals you spent 200,000 eco points on survive in your ecosystem.

This game isn't for everyone as you need patience and time but I'm finding it quite addicting!
  17. Murphy

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    PMurphy1978
    I'm still playing it sporadically, and getting a fair few points for things through auctions. How quickly do the offspring grow into adults? As I have around 6 Manhaares...
  18. Horto

Horto Member

Australia
    PSN:
    Hortomation
    I think growth depends on the level (silver / gold etc) of animal, though I could be wrong. I've had an offspring for a gold class species for the last 2 days. Maybe 3-4 days?
    Murphy likes this.
  19. Sylphritz

Sylphritz Active Member

Thailand
    The game's still not on asia psn :(
  20. pkgem

pkgem Active Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    pkgem
    I'm totally addicted now too! I must admit, I have spent some money on it *shameface* but in terms of gameplay (the fact that I've been checking in on it almost every hour when I'm at home and able to do so, lol!) I think I'm on top - I don't mind paying for something if I'm enjoying it (also I think I might be a sucker ;)) However, I think it is possible to still get enjoyment without spending real cash - you just need a little more patience than I appear to have ;)

The challenges are good. After completed those, I'm then motivated to set up another ecosystem and then a third. After that, I hope more online challeges pop up as at that point, I may lose interest...

The auctions are good. What I like about them too is that you can use them as a way to add additional animals into a challenge without spending challenge points - it still costs energy but that refills quicker than challenge point gain in terms of placing more creatures into your challenge ecosystem. I've found that sustaining a 100% "free game" excosystem to farm ecopoints gives me enough of them to go into an auction and buy the low-level creatures I need to add to my challenge ecosystem but don't have the challenge points for. Murphy - if you have enough ecopoints, then buying additional Maanhares from the aunction might be a way of doing it - basic creatures now have a maximum bid limit, so go in, find what you want and increase your bid until you hit maximum - then no-one can outbid you and if you time it right, it might help you with the challenge.