Dead Pixels On PS Vita?? (Rumor Confirmed False)

Discussion in 'PS Vita System & Accessories' started by Kemo, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Kemo

Kemo Active Member

PSN:
    EhKemo
    For those of you freaking out about dead pixels. The Vita uses an AMOLED screen, they can't get stuck pixels.LCD's use a back light, where the pixels physically move to a low light through. When the pixels get stuck, they can't move. So the backlight hits the back of the pixel, looking like it's stuck. If the backlight hits the back of the pixel when it wasn't displaying a color, it will look black.A MOLED screens the pixels produce their own light. They don't die or get stuck, they gradually lose their light. In other words, get less bright.
    sean douggie and Master Jay like this.
  2. Aeroflux

Aeroflux Active Member

PSN:
    Gunstar_001
    Can you provide a link to that spec? I haven't been able to find any specifics on Sony's OLED screen. I'm trying to discern whether it's Active Matrix or something else. Sony's OLED head mounted display uses a totally different type of OLED, all white matrix of OLEDS with color filters on top.
  3. Mendax

Mendax Well-Known Member

Well it's not a Sony screen[in Vita]. It's a Samsung AMOLED.
  4. Flores777

Flores777 New Member

PSN:
    Florez777
    So the chances of my coming soon PS Vita having a dead pixel are none? That's cool :) I remember my first Nintendo DS it had 3 blue dead (or stuck?) pixels and I changed it back for another one at ToysRUs and it had the same issue. I ended up with a 3 changed (maybe 4) Nintendo DS with a weird looking touch screen (It looked like if it had dirt inside of it). Very lame buying in that store, they didn't want me to refund my money, not even in store credit or something like that u.u I never bought anything from them again lol
  5. LiKuidd

LiKuidd Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LiKuidd
    wait so AMOLED and OLED are they the same or..? cause i thought thats what hte vita had OLED.
  6. Mendax

Mendax Well-Known Member

AMOLED is just a specific type of OLED.
  7. LiKuidd

LiKuidd Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LiKuidd
    ahh ok, yeah iam not too hip and cool with you young whippersnappers nowadays. a screen is a screen to this old timer haha
  8. Lethal

Lethal Moderator Staff Member

United States
    PSN:
    Lethal_NFS
    So the few members on this forum were lying about having dead pixels? A stuck pixel is not a dead one. I think the screen can certainly have dead pixels as some members have already seen this.

There are pictures I have seen with a PS Vita with stuck red pixels on their screen.

There is also this problem.

9. Mikaru

Mikaru Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    PSN:
    Mikaru
    Why are you posting this in Hot Deals?
  10. Kemo

Kemo Active Member

PSN:
    EhKemo
    uhh i posted it in system and accessories.
  11. Luuk.vanRiel

Luuk.vanRiel The Eternal Poster

So it should be like the galaxy s2 screen? Spill when comparing my s2 to my psvita I can clearly see that the s2 is significantly brighter and more vivid than vita.
  12. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'd be pissed like crazy if my vita had a line like that on it!
  13. Lethal

Lethal Moderator Staff Member

United States
    PSN:
    Lethal_NFS
    Hell ya, I would be to. Last time I seen that was on my Game Gear.