Content Manager Assistant - Windows 8

Discussion in 'PS Vita System & Accessories' started by Paxjah, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Paxjah

Paxjah New Member

PSN:
    Paxjah
    I recently upgraded to Windows 8. I connected my Vita to laptop with the USB cable and it installed CMA. But when I click 'Connect to PC' from my Vita it loads up and I can see it in my Drive list but it only lasts a few seconds then it disconnects and a message appears on my Vita - 'Could not connect to the PC'.

I get this message if I try to start CMA from my program files - 'The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details.'

I have already tried uninstalling CMA and instead downloading the version from the website and installing that, still the exact same problems.
  2. synapze

synapze New Member

United States
    Update CMA...the newest version has Wifi support...the old one doesn't. On a side note: Win8 is a virus stick with Win7 0_o
  3. JoeCool

JoeCool Well-Known Drama Queen

United States
    PSN:
    JoeCool--29
    Just re-install CMA.
    I have windows 8 and has never failed me in any way. Not even CMA.
    Chances are, like in most cases; it wasn't installed correctly.

Just uninstall, and then download it and install.
    Sometimes the download itself gets corrupted rendering the file useless.
    Don't provoke a flame war bro.
  4. Paxjah

Paxjah New Member

PSN:
    Paxjah
    Thank you so much for responding :)

I Did, I uninstalled CMA then I downloaded it from the site, my problem is that it will install then it won't work. I've edited my first post so no more misunderstandings :)

Edit: Happy Thanksgiving :)
    JoeCool likes this.