And...there goes the Vita's Holiday Sales...(2013 Price Cut Confirmed)

Discussion in 'PS Vita Games' started by TrillZebra, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TrillZebra

TrillZebra Member

United States
    PSN:
    TrillZebra
  2. Highmen

Highmen Member

Philippines
    PSN:
    mallbros
    people don't see how good the vita is even for $249...its worth it....i think they have been affected by the 3ds price cut in which it was 250 originally then a price cut....where in my opinion it shouldnt even be in the 250 category...the 3ds price cut should be its price at the first place...thats a clever move by nintendo
    sunjay141, jimmy_123 and Floydstrife like this.
  3. TrillZebra

TrillZebra Member

United States
    PSN:
    TrillZebra
    Price cuts happen all the time, and was bound to happen to the Vita, despite how much Sony said it wouldn't. Memory card packaging would be optimal , but overall they just need to get the ball rolling on originals/exclusive games that will turn heads.

The quote in the article is an out of context quote as well, but the idea still stands that this can potentially hurt Vita holiday sales, as people might think it's coming sooner rather than later.
  4. Floydstrife

Floydstrife Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Floydstrife
    hopefully this will stop the bitching and complaining and since its comeing out for the holiday hopefully the sales will increase to the point that doosh bag deveps will start making alot more games ....and i mean Japanese deveps XD
  5. kidshiro

kidshiro Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    kidshiro
    I don't understand why Sony won't implement the price drop this holiday season, it would really help the vita. I just hope they release more bundles next year: Tearaway bundle : )
  6. Thorzilla

Thorzilla Active Member

Mexico
    PSN:
    Thorzilla
    Sony probably wants to push as many bundles as they possibly can, which is understandable. What isn't understandable is how people are so hypocritical to praise Sony first for pricing the Vita at $250 and that same people now moan about it being too expensive. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    Zvy-, Graveflower and sunjay141 like this.
  7. XpAcErX

XpAcErX Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    XpAcErX
    wow! A ceo saying there will be a price cut right before the holiday season, what a fucking moron.
  8. Goteki 45

Goteki 45 Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    Am4nw1tm4dch33z
    I don't think it matters too much. Where I am most people still have no clue what a Vita is. Also, I don't think the price of the system is bad, but I do think the price of the system plus a *decent* sized memory card is awful.
    Vardas, PixelKnot and Floydstrife like this.
  9. Vardas

Vardas Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    MindMaester
    I think people are looking too much into this. Out of say 100 for example people that want a vita, how many of them will be doing research in regards to the price cut? 10? Personally I doubt its a higher percentage than that. Because if people bothered to do research we wouldn't have as much whining and as many dissapointed people as we do now. And I think that is especially true in the holiday season. Most people will be buying the Vita as a gift and I don't think anyone who can afford to buy it as a gift will be held back by an impending price cut, assuming they bother to take the time and do resarch on that front. Im not saying its a good move what they did mind you, I just doubt it will hurt the vita that much. They had made it pretty clear that a price cut would come in 2013 even before the announcement, so anyone who did research would know of this anyway. At least that's how I see it.
  10. Thorzilla

Thorzilla Active Member

Mexico
    PSN:
    Thorzilla
    Same here man, same here. People interested enough in a Vita probably have it already or are waiting for a price cut anyway. Holiday sales probably won't drop much because of this since it's basically just parents and family members getting presents for everybody with little to no information on the products.
    Vardas likes this.
  11. Grover

Grover Grandmaster Staff Member

Netherlands
    PSN:
    Arctual
    Yeah, so nobody is going to buy it this holiday anyway because nobody knows about it...rite?

I don't think it matters too much, indeed. Vardas and Thorzilla are right.
  12. Floydstrife

PSN:
    Floydstrife

what we badly need is ...fudge if forgot his name..he was that awesome white guy with the bushiness shirt and one million dollar smile ....hed promote the vita properly >__<
  13. AKool28

AKool28 IVIaster IVIod

United States
    PSN:
    IVIasterJason
    Kevin Butler?
  14. Murphy

Murphy Founder of The Vita Lounge Staff Member

United Kingdom
    PSN:
    PMurphy1978
    By the same logic, nobody will buy an iPad because there will be another one next year, right?

This will not affect Vita sales by very much, if at all. There is no guaranteed cut date, it could be at any point. Not only that, with the LBP bundle in the UK at least around the £200 mark, I doubt that any other bundles or reduction in the unit itself without games or memory will get you that much of a better deal.

I personally think that the cost of the Vita stand alone won't fall beyond £170-£175. As this still brings value to the bundles. And is still competetive vs the 3DS XL.
    Grover and Vardas like this.
  15. Floydstrife

PSN:
    Floydstrife
    yes goddamnit! he was awsome!!!
  16. BeMore

BeMore Active Member

PSN:
    BeMore
    There you go man. I think people forget sometimes that folks like us are certainly in the hardcore gaming crowd. Not everyone scouts out the internet for info about these consoles....particularly those parents and other family members buying Xmas presents. If the $250 is in the budget for the present they just buy at that time of year.
    Thorzilla likes this.
  17. Buckybuckster

Buckybuckster Well-Known Member

United States
    PSN:
    buckybuckster
    Yep that would be nice, but the actor who plays Kev was last spotted playing Mario Kart on the Wii like some giddy underaged schoolgirl as part of a commercial promoting Bridgestone's free Wii giveaway.
    Needless to say Sony was not happy and poor ole KB has since been edited out of the T.V. spots. So I don't think that the two parties are too chummy with each other right now.

Kinda sucks as I thought for sure Kevin Butler would be the last boss in PS All Stars.
  18. Floydstrife

PSN:
    Floydstrife
    oh god .....he went to the dark side...@___@ NOOO!!! >_< i hope his soul burns in hell next to wario
    Buckybuckster likes this.